Pages

10 December 2009

(Possibly Stupid) End of Term Fun

So apparently getting a bit tipsy at the departmental Christmas party and kissing (possibly inappropriately) a girl on whom you have a non-crush cures fear. Who knew?

All right, cure is probably too strong a term. It's more likely that the fear has just been temporarily over-ridden. Or it could be that the fearfulness was more connected to this summer's epic rejection than I realised and that evidence that I am not entirely undesirable has made me feel better about myself. In which case, hurray, because that's something I know I can and will get over.

Okay, so that's probably not it, or at least not most of it. I'll take part.

Whatever will come of this (probably an) indiscretion, I don't know and at the moment, I don't really care. I don't have any particular expectations and it's not likely to descend into irretrievable awkwardness. It was fun. That was enough.

Ah, nice day today and my essay is almost done and I'm not even up late yet and once it is done, that's it for the term and I can get myself a Christmas tree.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you happiness in your life.

    Next time I feel scared, I shall try kissing someone and see if it works. Do I have to get their consent first? And do they have to be of a Sapphic persuasion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and I thoroughly recommend it as a plan!

    Consent is a good, but I'm not sure that one has to formally ask beforehand. One can usually tell whether it's all right, I think. I'm going to have to say no, they need not be of the Sapphic persuasion as I am reasonably sure that the girl I kissed is straight in real life. A boy, on the other hand - I have no idea. It has been something like six years since I kissed a boy (beyond the friendly peck on the cheek kind of kiss). Then again, I can remember being happy about it with respect to a couple of boys back in high school, so I'm going to go with 'probably/maybe' (as though that were a real term).

    Hope it works for you, too!

    ReplyDelete