Pages

24 December 2009

Hodie Christus Natus Est

Gaudeamus!

I hope that everyone is having a happy or at least relatively calm festive period. I'll be off to midnight mass here myself in just a little bit. I can hardly wait - candle lit midnight birthday parties with singing and mulled wine are the best. (I am deeply uncool for saying that, I know...) I spent today tidying up, hunting for a new pair of pajamas and I made two trips to the grocery store because I forgot the bourbon the first time around. I had a crafting sort of afternoon and made this to go on top of my tree:

There are very few craft supplies in my flat but there's always plenty of newspaper.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Love the guardian angel!
    Midnight 'birthday' ? Surely not your own (although there seems to be a surfeit of us born at this time).
    I tried to get to mass tonight but they'd locked us all out before midnight. I don't understand why.
    Have a lovely day.
    K.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Jesus' birthday! (See - deeply, deeply uncool).

    That's odd that a church would shut people out on Christmas. Our midnight mass didn't start until actual midnight, which may be normal here, but in the US midnight mass often starts at 10.30, sometimes even as early as 9. I didn't get home till nearly 3.00am and I still reek of incense!

    ReplyDelete